Friday, November 16, 2007

Carried to His Table...




I recently found this awesome song on someone's blog. It is by the group "Leeland" who is on tour with Casting Crowns. It's one of the most beautiful love stories in all the bible. The story is found in 2 Samuel. David and Jonathan had made a covenant between them, and when Jonathan died King David sent out his invitation: "Is there anyone still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show kindness? Is there no one still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show God’s kindness?"

Mephibosheth was Jonathan's son who lived in Jerusalem and was crippled. He went from the cave of hiding to the palace of the king in Jerusalem.

"So Mephibosheth ate at David’s table like one of the king’s sons." He was treated as one of the royal princes, in other words. What dignity God gives to the "Mephibosheths of the world", to treat them as a king’s son.

That invitation is still going out even this day wherever the gospel is preached. It is the invitation of the great King, who does not want to show justice but kindness to his enemies.

What is the invitation? "Come unto me; I will give you rest."

1 John 3:1- “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! All things are ours through our Lord Jesus Christ. These are the blessings God gives to the Mephibosheths.



2 comments:

Faith said...

Oh my goodness! I have the cd that this song is on....Leeland was at our church last spring...he is amazing! This is my absolute favorite song from Sounds of Melodies. I posted the lyrics awhile back. Blessings, Faith

Mimi said...

what an amazing and beautiful video.. thanks for sharing it...