Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lost & Found





PS 119:2 – “Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all of their heart.”

Have you ever lost something that was really important to you, and spent hours, or even days looking for it? It seems like this is becoming a way of life for me these days.

Lost keys, cell phones, earrings, you name it and I've misplaced it. The other day I thought I lost my car keys, only to find them just where I left them. In the ignition of my car where I parked it …and it was still running! Now you have to admit it doesn’t get worse then that. OK, this is really bad.

When we loose or misplace something of real value, do we simply walk away and forget about it? I don’t know about you, but I surely don’t! No way. I immediately begin to dig in my purse (be careful…this can be dangerous), my desk, or my “whatever” and search for it until I find it.

Just the other day as I was looking for my address book with all my most important numbers and was frantically looking for it when I stopped and paused for a moment to ask God to help me find it. It was in that brief second He reminded me about an amazing lesson I had once learned.

Please join me over at the Cafe to find out my wonderful discovery that day...




8 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I went and visitied...what a great lesson you gleaned from your search! And to think how much more we could have if we but keep searching for Him!

LAURIE said...

I can relate to this "losing things". What a lovely devo you posted and a reminder to us to lean upon God. -Blessings, Laurie

Sheryl said...

Susan, what a great post. I remember searching for a DVD from my best friend's funeral. I was turning the house upside down. I was out in the garage looking through my car when God spoke to me. "Have you EVER searched for me like this?" Yikes! Thank you for the reminder to be seeking after Him.

And, I'm a little nervous that you were searching for your keys while your car was running. That is good!!!

Love ya,
-Sheryl

Julie said...

Susan, I left you a message on the Cafe, but wanted to come here too. It's so amazing when God reveals treasures from His Word.

If I remember correctly your son is overseas. My daughter was overseas. She came home yesterday.
She was gone 5 months. She plans to raise support and head back in a couple of months, Lord willing.
How long is your son gone?

Julie
PS. I have a friend who left her keys in her car, with it running at a parking lot here. Then she went to lunch and shopping with friends. When she returned she found her car sitting there running with the keys in it. Sometimes our minds just check out on us... : )

lori said...

You know I LOVE getting to read these before I schedule them to post...THIS goes down as one of my faves from Susan!

I love those lessons we learn in the details of life...if only we SEE them!

LOVED it...and NO, I'm not away...although I DO speak...I've been working on my post and a giveaway for the Cafe...whew...I think it's done!!
keep your eyes out!
Hugs to you...and aren't those crock pot recipes FUN! I was amazed...365 of em....that just cracked me up!

hope you had a great weekend too!
HUGS!
I love following you at the Cafe...we are usually on the same wavelength...I think you'll like mine tomorrow...you may relate;)

love you!
lori

Laurie Ann said...

Susan, what a great reminder to lean on the Lord...I can definitely relate to losing things. I lost my "gold coin" the other morning, a lens from my glasses. Seeking my lens was not as important as seeking Him, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Susan,

Guess what? My keys are missing right this minute! How funny is that? The sad thing is, I haven't cared enough to start looking for them yet! I used my husbands keys every time I left the house today!

I guess I'll look tomorrow!

I just wanted to say, "thank you" for checking in so faithfully on Nick!

I love you so much!

Tammy

Sita said...

Thank you for dropping me a note, Susan.
I do love that picture of the woman carefully and wearily searching.
Over the course of several years, I lost 'who I was', becoming disconnected to my heart and to His heartbeat. I see myself in that woman, seeking Him, His Word to reconnect, to see His purpose for me...His is the Only Light I wish to follow...
Blessings and thanks,
Sita