The challenge for Marriage Monday this month, is to share how you and your husband make each and every day of your marriage special. What are your daily relationship rituals? How do you nurture the “us” factor? Tell us the big or little things that make your marriage sing like a fine-tuned violin.
Thanks E-mom for being such a great hostess for Marriage Monday!
After 32 years of marriage I'm still learning daily how to be the wife my husband needs. There are some things however that never change. Today I'll share with you some of the ways we try to keep our "Home Fires" burning, and our friendship one that grows stronger as the years go by.
- Hugs, hugs and more hugs! I am a very affectionate person, so I not only like to give hugs, but receiving them is so comforting to me. Sometimes just this gesture alone speaks louder then words.
- Starting our day in prayer. My husband leaves early each morning, many times I'm still in bed. He'll reach down and place his hand on me and says a prayer for my day and all the children by name. What an awesome way to start our day. I'm so grateful for a praying man.
- Sending text messages or calling each other during the day. Now this is something my husband wishes I would do a little less, but there is nothing more that I enjoy then hearing his voice during the day and saying "I love you" to each other before we hang up.
- In the evenings after my husband gets home from work we always take time to go over our day. Communication is so vital. My husband is a great listener, and very patient to hear all my of my many stories!
- Shopping, going out to dinner, the movies, and talking walks is something we both enjoy. Now shopping may not be first on my husbands list, but he is always willing to "tuff it out" when we go together. What a blessing!
- Of course, vacations are always enjoyed, and quick get-a-ways are looked forward to. Over the years we have had the opportunity to travel to so many amazing places both here in the United States and aboard. These memories are part of the glue that helps to keep our relationship strong.
- Finally, writing notes to each other, sending a card, or giving a little unexpected gifts is something we've never stop doing since we were married. These kinds of things affirm our commitment and affection for each other. I love to open my special "shoe box" and re-read all those cards and letters that have been given over the years.
I am no marriage expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know that marriage takes time, work, commitment and lots of attention! The rewards are worth all the effort, because it brings honor to the Lord, gives security to our children, and makes life with each other so enjoyable.
I'd now like to thank you Rick for being the husband of my dreams and so much more. Thanks for making me such a happy and secure wife. My life is complete because of you. I’m looking forward to many, many more years to spend with you.
Please join us over at Chrysalis today for more Marriage Monday suggestions.