Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
As the mother of five sons over the years I've learned many things about the male gender.
The mother-son relationship is a dynamic one, and because of it I have come to appreciate a world that would of seemed foreign to me.
Now having said this, I must add raising sons has also been a
tiny major challenge. These guys have kept me on my toes and on my knees.
So...in response to this subject I have some things I can advise that you should not expect from sons.
- Do not expect your sons to notice your new hair style, outfit, furnishings in your home, or any major changes. (sorry ladies this isn’t one of their strengths!)
- Do not expect them to stay clean, or willing to take a bath without some resistance.
- Do not expect them to keep their rooms tidy or organized. ( Having fun is a much higher priority )
- Do not expect them to like getting their hair cut. (Some guys never out grow this. )
(as you can see 2 of my sons have not seen a barber in a while!)
- Do not expect them to just sit around quietly and read or color. Boys are born with a ton of energy they must burn off each day.
- Do not expect them not to be non-competitive. Forget it ladies, it’s built in.
- Do not expect them to remember your birthday or special occasions. A gentle reminder is usually called for!
- Do not expect them to grow up. Boys will always be boys!
Of course, this is not characteristic of all my sons or guys in general, but for the most part it’s pretty much their nature.
Actually, my sons are all so unique and have blessed my life in too many ways to mention. If you would like to learn more about them I did a post here.
I love each one of them and I'm so grateful. I personally feel privileged to be the mother of five sons. Raising boys and watching them grow into fine young men has been one of life's greatest treasures.
And now at this season of my life, I've been blessed with three beautiful granddaughters. Gosh...it just doesn't get better then this!
And not to forget one very cute grandSON!
Please join us over at Chrysalis for more of Marriage Monday!