Medical Chart Bloopers
Real sentences taken from patients' hospital charts:
- Patient lives at home with his mother, father, sister and pet turtle who is enrolled in daycare three days a week.
- On the second day the knee was better, and by the third day it had completely disappeared.
- Discharge status: Alive, but without permission.
- Patient is numb from the toes down.
- Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
- Patient was alert and unresponsive.
- Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
- Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
- Patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
- While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and discharged.
Join us over at the Homesteaders Heart for more fun and laughter!