Sunday, October 7, 2007

Heading to Memphis

My son Jordan and I will be flying out Memphis first thing in the morning.

For those of you who do not know, my 21 year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was 16. It's been a wild adventure, but the Lord has been there each and every step of the way.

Going back to St. Jude is bittersweet for us. We enjoy seeing the many wonderful people that took care of us, and friends we've made on the way. Walking down those halls bring back so many memories, and so many faces that are no longer here with us now. Never would I have ever dreamed I'd have a child who was a patient at St. Jude.

I grew up watching those specials on T.V. and many times I had to turn it off, it was just too sad.
We have been among the surviours. I'm just so grateful, but always cautious not to let my guard down. I read a quote by Jennifer Rothchild recently that sums up things perfectly:

“Embrace the adventure of completely trusting Him, for He is completely trustworthy”...

Heading out for another adventure, please believe with us for those wonderful words, all things remain STABLE.




7 comments:

Lyric said...

Susan, my prayers go with you both. My son was 23 when first diagnosed...your words just flood me with so many emotions.

He goes with you.

Lyric said...

OH, I forgot to answer your question! You're more than welcome to add my blog to your links. I'd be honored. And I'd like to do the same.

So glad you've taken up residence in blog-land! We even share the same verse in our banner...

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You know I'm praying so very hard as you head to St. Jude!

Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Amy S. said...

Susan...Prayers being said here. May you hear those awesome words...Stable!..And yes we must trust "Him" in all things.
Let us know when you are back.

Hugs and Love.

sparrow's song said...

Pausing to lift you and your son in prayer.

D said...

Susan...praying for a mighty s-t-a-b-l-e from a Mighty God! loveyou...Deedy

Amico Dio said...

I'm praying for you all Susan. Please keep us updated.