Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pouring out my heart to him...

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

Psalm 62:5-8


Teach me Lord to find my rest in you. In the midst of the business of my life, be that refuge I can come to, that rock and fortress I run into and find safety. Give me a faith that will never be shaken, and let it always bring glory and honor to you my King. You are a mighty God, and my trust will always be in you. Thank you for another day I can spend with you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


3 comments:

Mimi said...

we can indeed find rest in God... and all our strength comes from him...
blessings to you this week!!!

Tea with Tiffany said...

I've tagged you for Picture Me!

Kathy said...

I love those verses so much. Not too long ago, I wrote a little worship song using those very verses. Thanks for reminding me of them!