Monday, December 8, 2008

A Whole Lot More!



One of my very special blogging friends is hosting “In Other Words” over at I Will Take It Lord, All You Have to Give. I think anyone who has visited Lori's blog would agree that she is one very talented lady. Please join us today as we share our thoughts on this precious quote by Dr. Seuss.

Lori, I love your heart and the way you use your gifts to glorify the Lord. It's been such a joy to get to know you.

“Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn't come from a store.” “Maybe
Christmas...perhaps...means a ‘little bit’ more.” Dr. Seuss

Oh, what a great classic and wonderful message the story of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" portrays. This is a story that both young and old can never hear enough of. I have fond memories over the years of reading this book to my children and seeing how it captured their hearts! I love the message it tells about how greed and materialism is not what Christmas is all about. Maybe it’s not just about a ‘little bit’ more, but really about a ‘whole lot’ more!
Could words ever say how much Jesus really did for us?

This past weekend I got together with some special friends and family at my annual “Christmas Tea”. Even though it takes a lot of planning, this has been a tradition I have looked forward to for many years. This year Lori (our host today) used her talent to make our beautiful invitations. Now that’s its over and done, I'm already planning for next year’s tea in my mind. During Christmas time we all know how easy it is to get caught up with so many distractions, obligations, and deadlines. Without realizing it we can loose focus of the true meaning of what it is that we celebrate. Buying gifts and getting together with those we love is such a blessing, but in all we do, may we never forget Jesus our Messiah, who came to save us all.

I wanted to conclude by sharing a few special memories that we made this past weekend. Thank you all for taking time out of your busy schedules to join me today. I cherish our friendship and look forward to all that God has in store for us in 2009.


(please mute my music player before viewing pictures!)

Click to play Christmas Tea 2008
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

11 comments:

Denise said...

This was lovely.

Miriam Pauline said...

Lovely pictures and a lovely reminder. Bless you.

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

Adorable family!

I used to get that book read to me too. I loved my parents or grandparents to sit down with books and read to me all year but Christmas time was my favorite. There was a story about a little mouse who watched the family who's house he lived in celebrate Christmas. I wish I could remember the name of it!!!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Be Blessed,
Heather

luvmy4sons said...

Great pictures of a lovely time of ones remembering love and family mean so much more than material gifts! Blessings to you.

Karen said...

In all we do, let's not forget Jesus. Amen. We just had our Christmas Tea too. Sounds like yours was as fun as ours.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

A Christmas tea! How wonderful!

Merry Christmas!

lori said...

How perfect! Your post was all about how you use this time of year to celebrate the special people in your life...those friendships that can't be bought in a store...

I was THRILLED beyond belief to have been a little part of it...send me the image for next year and I'll get on it!!
:)
love you!!!

Hugs Susan!!

lori

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful pictures, Susan. I'm so glad everyone had a good time.

Great post on today's quote, too.

Patricia said...

Susan, what a great way to celebrate and share the Christmas season. Lovely pictures! Thanks for the peak into your holiday blessings.

Susannah said...

You're a wonderful hostess! :~D

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

That was neat. Thank you for sharing.